Re: [TolkienDiscussions] The Soddit

  • Freeman Ng
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 19, 2011
      I didn't like BOTR because it was so unrelated to the actual content of LOTR. It used the connection for marketing purposes, and then presented a story that, while funny enough in and of itself, had nothing to say about the original story.

      While I love LOTR, I do feel there is a *lot* in it that could be parodied, and I'm actually quite surprised that no author has yet attempted it for real.

      (Hmmm. Maybe I should do it myself. The problem would be that I would parody the books, while most of the public is probably now more familiar with the movies.)

      To those who have read Soddit: which category does it fall into? Does it genuinely play off of the actual content of The Hobbit, or is it just related by general subject matter?

      On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 5:50 AM, Steve <steveseg@...> wrote:

      Ty opined:

      I did read "Bored of the Rings"
      Ah yes, I remember being titillated as a young lad by the image of Frodo being seduced by an intoxicating and high-born lady elf!

      Steve S.

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 20, 2011

          Never heard of it, but Google has:

          http://lordofthepeeps.com/

          It seems to be a straight version of LOTR, rather than a parody, just acted out by marshmallow bunnies...

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 20, 2011
            Yer darn right we should worry about the carrot. It's probably pregnant, and its boyfriend is a Villanova Ballhog, or worse, Tim Benzedrine.
            I've never been tempted to reread BotR since 1969 when I eagerly grabbed it of the shelf, but I've heard that it is the only parody of a book to itself be in continuous print for over 50 years. Try Amazon. Doug Kinney & somebody else wrote it.

            Ron Philo