RE: [TolkienDiscussions] Prequels titles are released

  • scott
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2011
      Yes, I had noticed that list of non-appearing characters too. Oh, well!

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2011
        My understanding is that Jackson is going to mine the materials in HOME that deal with events that happened (a) 'offstage' in THE HOBBIT, such as the White Council's driving the Necromancer out of Mirkwood and (b) that happened between THE HOBBIT and LOTR.  So it isn't as though he's pulling the extra materials out of his a**; it is going to be derived from JRRT (or at least CRT).

      • Morjuc
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 5, 2011
          As long as there are no skull avalanches and/or gratuitous breaking of wizardry staffs, I shall give it a chance....

          Alyssa