LOTR haiku

  • Freeman Ng
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2010
      For the past couple of months (52 days as of today, to be exact) I've been writing one new haiku a day and posting them through a constellation of social networking feeds (Facebook page, Twitter, Buzz, etc.) which I've named Haiku Diem. In the course of the writing, I came up with a few Lord of the Rings haiku that I decided were too specialized to publish to the general public, and so I'm sharing them here. I hope you enjoy them!

      too much! the water
      that was a monster, seething
      with the dreadful past

      they flee from the gate
      stumbling blindly, the darkness
      still clinging to them

      fair Lorien where
      the long centuries pass like
      light through the high leaves

      Freeman
      Haiku Diem - follow my attempt to write one new haiku a day!
      Pearl Cards - a creative, collaborative storytelling game