Re: [TolkienDiscussions] Re:my versions of the songs

  • Freeman Ng
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2009
      I haven't, but I don't really know the first thing about how I'd do that or what it would mean. For now, I'm happy just being the guy who thought them up, but if there's some cool thing I could be doing with them, I'm open to ideas.

      Freeman
      http://www.PearlCards.com
      http://www.FreemanNg.net

      p.s. I'll be uploading the next installment to YouTube in a day or two.

      On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 6:14 PM, Bruce Alan Wilson <bruce_alan_wilson@...> wrote:

      Have you thought of writing them down and publishing them?

    • Freeman Ng
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2009
        Just uploaded another one, the Bath Song:

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nADasTaiwI

        Freeman
        http://www.PearlCards.com

        On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 12:56 PM, Freeman Ng <freeman.ng@...> wrote:
        Many years ago, I created simple tunes for many of the songs in the books so I could really sing them while reading the books aloud to my son. I've now begun to record and post them to YouTube. Here the three I've done so far:

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k2K-rwP6rs

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw30SJa3JAc

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnTllGLPtcA

        Please check them out and let me know what you think of them. Also, I don't know if this subject's come up in this group before, but if you have your own versions, please do share them!

        Freeman

      • Bruce Alan Wilson
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2009

          Is there a college or univeristy in your area with a music department?  You could probably find a bright young theory student who'd jump at the chance to help you.
          Bruce Alan Wilson
          http://www.wvdemolay.org/
          http://tinyurl.com/WVMSRideBAW