Not Receiving Email Messages from the Group

  • scotty11300201
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 27, 2009
      I'm still not receiving any messages from the group. I have already unsubscribed once and then re-subscribed because I was told by one of the moderators that this would fix the issue. This did not fix the issue. I'm about to unsub from the group completely. This is a total shame since I was very interested in participating in discussions with others who love LOTR like I do. Please advise. I will be permanently unsubscribing tomorrow morning if this is not resolved.

      Sincerely,

      Steven

      PS. I'm receiving email messages from my other groups. This tells me that the issue is centralized with this group.
    • Kenneth Ayers
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 27, 2009
        Steven,

        I believe the problem you're experiencing is described in this Yahoo! Groups blog post:

        http://www.ygroupsblog.com/blog/2009/07/20/issue-update-new-members-not-showing-up-in-the-member-list/

        I don't believe there's anything I can do to resolve this.  You do show up in our members list now but perhaps the repdb bug is affecting mail delivery for new members.  Or it could just be that the group is not as busy as you expected and there haven't been any messages (except yours) posted since you joined.  In any case, I hope you'll be patient with us and allow Yahoo! some time to correct this problem.  Feel free to start a discussion too and see if that gets things going.

        Sincerely,

        Kenneth
        group-owner

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 27, 2009
          Here is your message, hope you saw it. I'll send a copy direct to your
          address as well

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 28, 2009
            At 01:28 AM Tuesday 7/28/2009, Jack wrote:

            Here is your message, hope you saw it. I'll send a copy direct to your
            address as well

            I'm still not receiving any messages from the group. I have already
            unsubscribed once and then re-subscribed because I was told by one of the
            moderators that this would fix the issue. This did not fix the issue. I'm
            about to unsub from the group completely. This is a total shame since I was
            very interested in participating in discussions with others who love LOTR
            like I do. Please advise. I will be permanently unsubscribing tomorrow
            morning if this is not resolved.

            Sincerely,

            Steven

            PS. I'm receiving email messages from my other groups. This tells me that
            the issue is centralized with this group.

            Probably not related, but yesterday afternoon messages I sent weren't appearing on another list that I have been a member of for over 10 years, although messages from other folks seemed to be going through just fine.  It apparently cleared up on its own after several hours.  No idea why it happened there, either . . .

            . . . ronn!  :)

            Anyone who works with @#&*%$! computers for any length of time at all finds out why the little arrow on the screen is called a "cursor" . . .