Re: [TolkienDiscussions] New poll for TolkienDiscussions

    Message 1 of 311 , Aug 12, 2008
      I put my vote in for the Shire - Buckland to be specific. Think of it, its
      close to a major waterway, the Brandywine, or the Baranduin if you are the
      historical type. With this access, you could easily access all the pipeweed
      from South Farthing you could want. Its a short ferry ride across to the
      fertile breadbasket of the Marish. Its a short horse and carriage ride to
      that holiday destination of Bree and it is near a major trade route passing
      directly through the shire. Also, for the adventurous type, you can slip
      into the Old Forest for a nice quiet hike down to the Withywindle.

      Perfect for the retiring type but with still plenty of opportunity for young
      families.

      Ithilien? Pah!!!

      Gary, aka, Bungo Burrows

      Message 311 of 311 , Nov 13, 2011
        TolkienDiscussions group:

        Hey, why don't we read The Hobbit together?

        o Most excellent idea!
        o Bah Humbug

        web site listed above.

        Thanks!