RE: [TolkienDiscussions] Digest Number 2111

  • REN
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2008
      Tolkien Discussions

      Hi Matt,

      The sword was a movie prop and just for fun. I really enjoyed that one day tour. It was a fun group of people. I stayed for a few days in the Marlborough Sounds at a bed and breakfast and then went to Christchurch for a few days. I did a 8 day horse trek and a 3 day walk. I saw some beautiful country and stayed at different farms along the way. No actual camping. I never saw so many sheep. There are more sheep then people in New Zealand . Also, they seem to be behind the times by about 20 years. It really is a beautiful place and I am lucky that I was able to go there a 2nd time. I wish I would have had time to get to Queens Town .

      I will post f few more pictures

      Ren

      2a.

      Re: Back from New Zealand Did LOTR tour

      Posted by: "Matt" tea_party@...   uncutray

      Tue Mar 4, 2008 4:41 pm (PST)

      Hey Ren,

      Thanks for posting that pick! You are very fortunate to have the time
      and money to travel to this wonderful location. The scenery is
      incredible. Where did you stay when you were there? Did you do any
      camping or hiking in the region? I would love to do some back country
      camping there!

      BTW, what's the story with the sword?

      Matt West

      --- In TolkienDiscussions@ yahoogroups. com, "REN" <ren@...> wrote:

      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > I just got back from New
      Zealand today. I did a LOTR tour of where
      Edoras
      > and the Golden Hall were filmed. I have attached a photo of me standing
      > right where you see Ewyon (don't know if I spelled that right)
      standing in
      > the film when Aragon and everyone comes riding up. It was a lot of
      fun :-)
      > It was very windy.
      >

      > Ren
      >

      > Dogs have owners. Cats have staff

      Recent Activity

      ·                        1

      ·                        1

      Visit Your Group

      Only on Yahoo!

      Star Wars galaxy

      Create a profile

      and meet fans.

      Yahoo! Groups

      Wellness Spot

      A resource for living

      the Curves lifestyle.

      Best of Y! Groups

      Discover groups

      that are the best

      of their class.

      Need to Reply?

    • Matt
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6, 2008
        Wow! Your trip sounds wonderful! I've always wanted to do a coast to
        coast hike in NZ. It can be done in just a few days. You start on the
        beach on one coast, walk up over the mountains, and down to the beach
        on the other coast!

        I'm looking forward to seeing more of your pictures!

        Matt West

        --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "REN" <ren@...> wrote:

        > Hi Matt,
        >
        > The sword was a movie prop and just for fun. I really enjoyed that
        one day
        > tour. It was a fun group of people. I stayed for a few days in the
        > Marlborough Sounds at a bed and breakfast and then went to
        Christchurch for
        > a few days. I did a 8 day horse trek and a 3 day walk. I saw some
        beautiful
        > country and stayed at different farms along the way. No actual
        camping. I
        > never saw so many sheep. There are more sheep then people in New
        Zealand.
        > Also, they seem to be behind the times by about 20 years. It really is a
        > beautiful place and I am lucky that I was able to go there a 2nd time. I
        > wish I would have had time to get to Queens Town.
        >
        > I will post f few more pictures
        >

        > Ren
        >

        > 2a.

        yNmpvcDBjBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BG1zZ0l

        <mailto:TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com?Subject=%20Re%3A%20Back%20from%20
        > New%20Zealand%20Did%20LOTR%20tour> Reply to group |

        BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BG1zZ0lkAzE4Nzcx

        BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawNycGx5BHN0aW1lAzEyMDQ3MTYzMzE-?act=reply&messageNum=18771>

        3cHV1bTRyBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BG1zZ0l

        kAzE4NzcxBHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzEyMDQ3MTYzMzEEdHBjSWQDMTg3NjQ->
        > Messages in this topic (4)
        >
        > Recent Activity
        >
        > * 1

        mlkBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BHNlYwN2dGwEc
        > 2xrA3ZtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzEyMDQ3MTYzMzE-> New Members
        >
        > * 1

        0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BHNlYwN2dGwEc2x
        > rA3ZwaG90BHN0aW1lAzEyMDQ3MTYzMzE-> New Photos

        zk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3Zna
        > HAEc3RpbWUDMTIwNDcxNjMzMQ--> Visit Your Group
        >
        > Only on Yahoo!

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13ojlu067/M=493064.12016259.12445666.9963301/D=

        groups/S=1705019844:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1204723532/L=/B=gW9CAULaX.k-/J=1204716332
        > 076590/A=5008816/R=0/SIG=10sulld0b/*http:/starwars.yahoo.com/> Star Wars
        > galaxy
        >
        > Create a profile
        >
        > and meet fans.
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13p5rl25o/M=493064.12016299.12445691.11322765/D

        =groups/S=1705019844:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1204723532/L=/B=gm9CAULaX.k-/J=120471633

        2076590/A=4990214/R=0/SIG=11d53kq3t/*http:/advision.webevents.yahoo.com/curv
        > es/> Wellness Spot
        >
        > A resource for living
        >
        > the Curves lifestyle.
        >
        > Best of Y! Groups

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13o2m2tsd/M=493064.12016306.12445698.8674578/D=

        groups/S=1705019844:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1204723532/L=/B=g29CAULaX.k-/J=1204716332

        076590/A=4763762/R=0/SIG=11ou7otip/*http:/advision.webevents.yahoo.com/besto
        > fyahoogroups/> Discover groups
        >
        > that are the best
        >
        > of their class.
        >
        > Need to Reply?
        >
        > Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in
        the Daily
        > Digest.

        BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xr
        > A250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTIwNDcxNjMzMQ--> Create New Topic |

        zk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2hwB
        > HN0aW1lAzEyMDQ3MTYzMzE-> Visit Your Group on the Web

        NzJhBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BHNlYwNmdHIE
        > c2xrA21zZ3MEc3RpbWUDMTIwNDcxNjMzMQ--> Messages |

        hBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2x
        > rA2ZpbGVzBHN0aW1lAzEyMDQ3MTYzMzE-> Files |

        FmBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2
        > xrA3Bob3QEc3RpbWUDMTIwNDcxNjMzMQ--> Photos |

        oBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2x
        > rA2xpbmtzBHN0aW1lAzEyMDQ3MTYzMzE-> Links |

        Y2xpBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BHNlYwNmdHIE
        > c2xrA2RiBHN0aW1lAzEyMDQ3MTYzMzE-> Database |

        1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2x
        > rA3BvbGxzBHN0aW1lAzEyMDQ3MTYzMzE-> Polls |

        MjJmBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BHNlYwNmdHIE
        > c2xrA2NhbARzdGltZQMxMjA0NzE2MzMx> Calendar

        DkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMjA0NzE2MzMx>

        <mailto:TolkienDiscussions-normal@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email%20Delivery:%

        <mailto:TolkienDiscussions-traditional@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change%20Deli
        > very%20Format:%20Traditional> Switch format to Traditional

        zk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2hwZ

        <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359715/grpId=7749098/grpspId=1705019844/msgId