RE: [TolkienDiscussions] The Hobbit - Chapter Thirteen Summary

  • Servo Kamen
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 21, 2008
      Jack <jack@...> wrote:

      Servo Kamen said: There are some who think that the Arkenstone might be one of the lost Silmarils

      That occurred to me when I read that….

       ***spoiler alert****

      ….one of the elven lords (Maedhros was it?) threw his Silmaril into a crack in the earth.
      But I don’t think it can be – Smaug’s cavern was dark.  A silmaril would have lit it up

      Maybe so.  It's just a theory I've seen go around.

      SHADOWKamen. GIF WARS! http://shadowkamen.tripod.com/ (Animated GIF website)

      Send offlist e-mails to info_servo@...