RE: [TolkienDiscussions] Re: The Hobbit - Chapter Thirteen Summary [SPOILERS for the Silmarillion]

    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 21, 2008
      <<I think Tolkien wanted the Silmarils to become a part of the realms
      to, in a way, hallow them or imbue them with a quality of the hidden
      realm of Aman.

      ...Ultimately he wanted them to be removed from the reach
      of Elves and Men and to become a part of the fabric of Arda.>>

      I agree completely.

    • Servo Kamen
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 21, 2008
        Jack <jack@...> wrote:
        Servo Kamen said: There are some who think that the Arkenstone might be one of the lost Silmarils
        That occurred to me when I read that….
         ***spoiler alert****
        ….one of the elven lords (Maedhros was it?) threw his Silmaril into a crack in the earth.
        But I don’t think it can be – Smaug’s cavern was dark.  A silmaril would have lit it up
        Maybe so.  It's just a theory I've seen go around.

        SHADOWKamen. GIF WARS! http://shadowkamen.tripod.com/ (Animated GIF website)

        Send offlist e-mails to info_servo@...