Re: The Hobbit Chapter Ten Summary

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2008
      Cool! Me too--surprisingly. I don't think I would have picked up The
      Hobbit to reread ever again if it hadn't been for this discussion. Now
      I know that I will read this book to my daughter in another year or
      so. She's almost ready for it.

      The other day I photocopied the maps from the book, we coloured them
      together, then we role played an adventure where we went and slayed
      Smaug and captured his hoard. I recently started playing D&D with my 4
      year old, so she saw our little Hobbit adventure as an extension of
      our D&D playing. In fact, she went out to meet Smaug as her character,
      Regdar the human fighter, rather than as a Dwarve or a Hobbit.

      Matt West

      --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "REN" <ren@...> wrote:

      > I must say, I am really enjoying this
      >

      > Ren :-)
      >

      > _____

      zk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BHNlYwNoZHIEc2xrA2hwa
      > ARzdGltZQMxMjAxNjkwOTI3> Tolkien Discussions
      >
      > Messages In This Digest (1 Message)
      >
      > 1a.
      >
      > Re: The Hobbit - Chapter Ten Summary From: Matt

      Nmp0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BHNlYwNkbXNn
      > BHNsawNhdHBjBHN0aW1lAzEyMDE2OTA5Mjc-?xm=1&m=p&tidx=1> View All Topics |

      BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNs
      > awNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEyMDE2OTA5Mjc-> Create New Topic
      >
      > Message
      >
      > 1a.

      yZGluMXIzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BG1zZ0l
      > kAzE4NzI1BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW1lAzEyMDE2OTA5Mjc-> Re: The
      Hobbit -

      <mailto:TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com?Subject=%20Re%3A%20The%20Hobbit%2
      > 0-%20Chapter%20Ten%20Summary> Reply to group |

      BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BG1zZ0lkAzE4NzI1

      BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawNycGx5BHN0aW1lAzEyMDE2OTA5Mjc-?act=reply&messageNum=18725>

      3ZHVrNTNlBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BG1zZ0l

      kAzE4NzI1BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzEyMDE2OTA5MjcEdHBjSWQDMTg3MjQ->
      > Messages in this topic (2)

      zk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3Zna
      > HAEc3RpbWUDMTIwMTY5MDkyNw--> Visit Your Group
      >
      > Y! Entertainment

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13ocq5a8c/M=493064.12016259.12445666.9963301/D=

      groups/S=1705019844:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1201698127/L=/B=p.5MAkLaX.M-/J=1201690927
      > 615351/A=5008817/R=0/SIG=10sulld0b/*http:/starwars.yahoo.com/> World
      of Star
      > Wars
      >
      > Rediscover the force.
      >
      > Explore now.
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13o8eeat6/M=493064.12117552.12537389.8674578/D=

      groups/S=1705019844:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1201698127/L=/B=qO5MAkLaX.M-/J=1201690927

      615351/A=5170403/R=0/SIG=11ml7n8m5/*http:/advision.webevents.yahoo.com/selfi
      > mprovement/> Self Improvement
      >
      > Find support & keep
      >
      > New Year's goals.
      >
      > Special K Group

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13p9rmpnn/M=493064.12016300.12445692.11323196/D

      =groups/S=1705019844:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1201698127/L=/B=qe5MAkLaX.M-/J=120169092

      > p> on Yahoo! Groups
      >
      > Join the challenge
      >
      > and lose weight.
      >
      > Need to Reply?
      >
      > Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in
      the Daily
      > Digest.

      BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xr
      > A250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTIwMTY5MDkyNw--> Create New Topic |

      zk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2hwB
      > HN0aW1lAzEyMDE2OTA5Mjc-> Visit Your Group on the Web

      dmJwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BHNlYwNmdHIE
      > c2xrA21zZ3MEc3RpbWUDMTIwMTY5MDkyNw--> Messages |

      oBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2x
      > rA2ZpbGVzBHN0aW1lAzEyMDE2OTA5Mjc-> Files |

      JoBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2
      > xrA3Bob3QEc3RpbWUDMTIwMTY5MDkyNw--> Photos |

      lBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2x
      > rA2xpbmtzBHN0aW1lAzEyMDE2OTA5Mjc-> Links |

      aWhqBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BHNlYwNmdHIE
      > c2xrA2RiBHN0aW1lAzEyMDE2OTA5Mjc-> Database |

      wBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2x
      > rA3BvbGxzBHN0aW1lAzEyMDE2OTA5Mjc-> Polls |

      YmpuBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BHNlYwNmdHIE
      > c2xrA2NhbARzdGltZQMxMjAxNjkwOTI3> Calendar

      > MARKETPLACE
      >
      > _____

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=13rov897a/M=571476.12066680.12490312.11509771/D

      =groups/S=1705019844:MKP1/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1201698127/L=/B=pu5MAkLaX.M-/J=1201690

      927615351/A=5086951/R=0/SIG=12k8pu1n3/*http:/college-finder.net/index.cfm?ke
      > y=yahoo_colfngrouptxt_12066680&c=CA152932587> Earn your degree in as
      few as
      > 2 years - Advance your career with an AS, BS, MS degree -
      > College-Finder.net.

      DkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMjAxNjkwOTI3>

      <mailto:TolkienDiscussions-normal@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email%20Delivery:%

      <mailto:TolkienDiscussions-traditional@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change%20Deli
      > very%20Format:%20Traditional> Switch format to Traditional

      zk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzc3NDkwOTgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDE5ODQ0BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2hwZ

      <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359715/grpId=7749098/grpspId=1705019844/msgId