Re: [TolkienDiscussions] Re: Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age -- Part 1

  • Peter Chapman
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 31, 2007
      I just skip those two chapters
      L-o-H
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 8:37 AM
      Subject: Re: [TolkienDiscussions] Re: Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age -- Part 1

      So many people seem to be either put off by, or just don't like, the start
      of the book. But personally, I think it is one of my favourite passages of
      anything Tolkien wrote. Both the style of writing, and the concept of
      existence as a song, or at least conceived in a song. Granted, there's a
      lack of hobbits, but hey, can't have everything!

      John