Re: OT: replacement

  • SHADOWKamen
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 16, 2007
      --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <tea_party@...>
      wrote:

      > I had that happen to my Genesis Song of the Week discussion group
      last
      > year. Weird, eh?
      >
      > Matt West

      Did they ever bother to explain why?
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 17, 2007

        Plug warning!

        You might like to consider the Owners & Moderators group for detailed discussions of this point

        But in general, someone says something indiscreet (a swear word perhaps), someone complains to Yahoo, and Yahoo take the group down – no discussion, no appeal.  Only cure is to immediately set up a Genesis song of the week II group and let it grow again

        Moderator

        > I had that happen to my Genesis Song of the Week discussion group
        last
        > year. Weird, eh?
        >
        > Matt West

        Did they ever bother to explain why?

      • Matt
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 17, 2007
          Funny!

          Matt West

          --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Chapman"
          <hawkworks@...> wrote:

          > Have you seen the gorilla, Matt.
          > Actually it's Phil rather than Genesis
          > YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfpbjXWz0Mw&watch_response
          >
          > L-o-H

          Members,

        • Matt
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 17, 2007
            Nope.

            It may have been because one of the group members uploaded sound files
            of commercial releases. Yahoo seems to tolerate live bootleg material
            but not commercially available material. Just a theory. The
            disappearance of the group was coincident with the illegal upload.

            Matt West

            --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "SHADOWKamen"

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 17, 2007
              I originally set up the Genesis group as a favour to someone else.
              They moderated the discussion and I just threw in my two cents on the
              song of the week if it was one I really wanted to discuss. I really
              have no interest in restarting that group. I already analyzed all the
              songs I was really interested in analyzing anyway. Besides, between
              leading the Silmarillion discussion here and running my Rush Song of
              the Week group, I really don't have time for another group. I'm barely
              keeping up as it is!

              Matt West