Missing posts?

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 6, 2007
      I posted a couple of items earlier this week from my email rather than
      from the group home page. Those posts haven't shown up yet. I emailed
      the group owner, but I haven't heard anything back. Has anyone else
      had messages disappear? I am wondering if I am on moderation?

      Thanks,

      Matt West
    • Peter Chapman
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 6, 2007
        Its more likely to be temporary bouncing of your mailbox. Yahoo tries a few times to find your server & then flags you as bouncing & shuts off mail both ways. It will then do nothing until it finds your server free.

        L-o-H
        I posted a couple of items earlier this week from my email rather than
        from the group home page. Those posts haven't shown up yet. I emailed
        the group owner, but I haven't heard anything back. Has anyone else
        had messages disappear? I am wondering if I am on moderation?

        Thanks,

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:TolkienDiscussions-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:TolkienDiscussions-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Gustavo
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 6, 2007
          It didn't happen only with you.

          It's a bug of some sort ...

          G.

          --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <tea_party@...>

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 9, 2007

            It’s the Curse of Yahoo

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 9, 2007
              I see what happened to the missing emailed messages. The group's
              homepage has an informational banner for owners/moderators which
              currently says "Management Tasks: 9 Spam Messages Waiting For Review."

              I have no idea why some messages from group members to the group would
              be labeled as spam. Were any of the emails sent to multiple
              recipients or groups?

              Anyway, I'll go through the list and approve the non-spam messages.

              --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Jack" <jack@...> wrote:

              > It's the Curse of Yahoo
              >

              > _____

            • Matt
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 9, 2007
                That happens on the Yahoo Group that I run--and just for one member.
                Her messages ALWAYS get tagged as SPAM! Weird, eh? Anyway, I am glad
                my messages made it through... the one on Elrond and Galadriel
                especially. I have thought about it more, and I think I might make
                some revisions to it, unless one of you beats me to it!

                Matt West

                --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Kenny" <justkenneth@...>