Re: [TolkienDiscussions]The lamps of the Valar - Matt

  • Fea
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007

      > This has been something that I have been looking out for, the creation
      of the
      > sun and the moon. Or am I in for a big shock that the whole story
      is going
      > to be in the dark?

      Oh, don't you worry, it's coming!! For the FULL tale, though, you'll have to
      read The Book of Lost Tales. The version in The Silmarillion is much shortened!

      Matt West

      BUT  you told me to be a good girl and not to read them until we've finished the Silmarillion.  Make up my mind!!!  I even have a copy of it and have been really good and not looked at it .... yet... Its nearly easier to give up smoking than it is to keep my hands off that book.

      Fea.
    • tea_party@ourbrisbane.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
        LOL!

        I still recommend staying away from the Book of Lost Tales until after the
        Silmarillion has been read cover to cover. It will be too confusing because of
        all the differences in characters, names, events, etc.

        Matt West

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
          ARRRRGHH!!! Now you have got me going Matt!! I was just starting to read
          BOLT1 just before this discussion on the Sil got going! And I don't even
          smoke!! LOL

          Gary