Re: [TolkienDiscussions] Matt

  • Fea
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2007

      That place looks really interesting indeed, I sure would love to go and spend some quality time there, especially as you make it sound so nice.

      As for hiking, we have some fabulous places here too to hike but between the combination of young kids and crappy weather, its not too often we get to take advantage of our wonderful mountain ranges.  Ah, someday our teenies will be tweenies and we can GET A LIFE!!!.  (do I sound bitter?)

      Fea.
    • tea_party@ourbrisbane.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2007
        I know what you mean about kids! I have a 3.5 year old, and I am 42. That means
        when she is ready to do some serious hiking, I will be too old and decrepit to
        do it anymore!! Kids sure change your life, don't they? If you are serious about
        giving them a good start in life, you can pretty much bundle up your own life
        and put it on a shelf somewhere in the basement for almost 20 years!

        Matt West

        Quoting Fea <Fea@...>:

        > http://www.gaeliccollege.edu/index.php
        >
        > That place looks really interesting indeed, I sure would love to go and spend
        > some quality time there, especially as you make it sound so nice.
        >
        > As for hiking, we have some fabulous places here too to hike but between the
        > combination of young kids and crappy weather, its not too often we get to
        > take advantage of our wonderful mountain ranges. Ah, someday our teenies
        > will be tweenies and we can GET A LIFE!!!. (do I sound bitter?)
        >
        > Fea.

      • Fea
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 17, 2007
          <<Matt West

          P.S., adopting kids falls under the self sacrifice theory, because the adoptor
          is giving up everything to ensure the survival of someone else's genetic material.>>

          I really don't want to enter into this debate because until this topic came up, I had never heard of the self sacrifice theory but I just wanted to throw in something after this comment from Matt.    I can honestly say with my hand on my heart that I was not thinking of mine or anyone else's 'genetic material' when we were adopting.  It was purely selfish as far as I am concerned.  I wanted a daughter.

          Fea.