Say Hello to Fea!

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 17, 2006

      Fea wants to know if we are intelligent.  So, sit up straight and say something smart, and stop looking at those pin-ups of Arwen Undomiel at the back there!

    • Fea
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 21, 2006
        No no no,,, you don't HAVE to be intelligent (well, it does help)

        What I wanted to know if this is only a group for teens who are swooning over the characters that were portrayed in the film.  I'm more interested in the book, even though I did really enjoy the film (or films I should say)....

        Anyway, let me know if I'm in the right place.

        Ta.
        Fea.
        Ireland.
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 21, 2006
          Hello Fea!

          Not too many swoonning going on around here even if Jack thinks everyone is swooning over him. As the movies fade more and more from the big screen, its more about the book here than the film characters. We'll talk about the History Of Middle-Earth series, Silmarillion, trilogy, etc as well as about Prof T himself.

          Are you into any particular part?

          Bungo

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 21, 2006
            Welcome, Fea--

            I'm far from teen years, and I only swoon a little bit over Billy Boyd, rarely in a public forum such as this. I'm not nearly as Tolkien-intelligent as many in this group, but I try to make up for it with Shire sense and Hobbit perseverence.

            Pippin

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 21, 2006
              <<What I wanted to know if this is only a group for teens who are swooning
              over the characters that were portrayed in the film.>>

              No. This is a pretty scholarly group who mainly talk about Tolkien's canon
              of books, though certainly I know of no pedants who put down the movie.
              Anything Tolkien is game, but the conversations are usually more on the
              lines of Tolkien's themes in his works, how various unfinished tales might
              fit together, etc.

              It's a good group. Often a lot of silence for a long time, then we'll burst
              into a topic for a week or two.

              Welcome aboard.

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 21, 2006

                Only Arwen.

                Oooooh!

                <swoon>

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 22, 2006
                  ARWEN??!?!??!!! Barf! Bleccch!!! Iccky ICky Oooh!!

                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 22, 2006
                    I thought we had an agreement that the Bleccch Speech would not be spoken here.

                    Pippin
                    ARWEN??!?!??!!! Barf! Bleccch!!! Iccky ICky Oooh!!
                      But Blecch speech is the only language I can speak when I think of the movie Arwen.

                      Bungo