OT- fantasy fiction related (originally posted on my LJ)

  • kyrdrache
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2005
      The Last Unicorn and Peter S. Beagle... IMPORTANT STUFF!!!
      Read here to learn more:

      http://www.conlanpress.com/youcanhelp/ (main page)

      http://www.conlanpress.com/html/granada_f.html (FAQ)

      http://www.conlanpress.com/html/granada_b.html (facts and chronology)

      http://www.conlanpress.com/html/granada_h.html (how you can help)

      Why is this so important?

      To me, because The Last Unicorn was the first adult-section novel I
      read from the library, when I was probably about 10. I got my first
      copy of the book in 5th grade, and read it again, start to finish in
      one day. When I found out there was a movie, around the same time, I
      was delighted, but it was years longer before I saw it. This is to
      me a precious story, which I have read many times and seen at least
      twice.

      To the world, because Peter S. Beagle is being ripped off on movie
      and merchandise entitlements going back over 25 years! Because what
      a powerful media company does to one author/artist, they're more
      than likely doing to many. Because the company is BREAKING THE LAW
      AND THEIR CONTRACT!

      Please spread the word and help as you can!