RE: [TolkienDiscussions] From our new member

  • K F
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 19, 2005
      > I can't cope with Kurt's Elvish...

      > From: K F [mailto:1kf.lists@...]
      > Mara aurk.

      Well-ll-ll-ll, SOME of the Quenya came through correctly, but I still
      haven't tamed my e-mail program so that it uses 'special' characters
      correctly. That 'Mara aurk' (if that's what you see) should be M-a'-r-a
      a-u-r-e with a 'sleeping colon' on top of the final e. Which means 'good
      day' I hope. It's not easy finding reliable guidance about Quenya and
      Sindarin on the www.

      I was hoping to lurk awhile to see what sorts of things you discuss here,
      but here I am, courtesy of Jack. Maybe I now will back slowly into the
      shadow of an Ent and see what happens next.

      Kurt
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 20, 2005
        Mara aurë.

        I live in Bristol - right now it's freezing fog outside. Still want to
        swap?

        From: K F [mailto:1kf.lists@...]
        Mara aurë.

        Where in the U.K. are you? I am in Sacramento, California, US, and wish
        every summer that I were in a much cooler coastal climate.

        Thank you for your welcomes.

        Kurt Fowler

      • Ronn! Blankenship
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 20, 2005
          At 08:07 PM Saturday 11/19/2005, K F wrote:
          > > I can't cope with Kurt's Elvish...
          > >
          > > :o)
          > > Jack

          "ë"? The mark is called a "diaeresis" and the
          character can be typed by holding down the "Alt"
          key while pressing "0235" on the numeric keys at
          the right of the keyboard (be sure "Num Lock" is on).

          --Ronn! :)

          "Since I was a small boy, two states have been
          added to our country and two words have been
          added to the pledge of Allegiance... UNDER
          GOD. Wouldn't it be a pity if someone said that
          is a prayer and that would be eliminated from schools too?"
          -- Red Skelton