Re:The Two Towers and OT sort of venting

  • Wanda the *B*Witch
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2005
      You guys are so helpful! A huge "THANK YOU" for clearing up my own misconception! Will explain further to my guys with the info you have given and backup, I have "Tolkien's Letters"! It is in my "To Read List", all the information right here on my bookcase and just have to take the time to READ, READ, AND READ! Sometimes you really wish "RL" would take a vacation and just enjoy what you want to do. For me, to keep absorbing as much information from Tolkien's books. I am still reading "Chapter 2 of The Hobbit". Had to put the book down for a few days to help care for my grand niece and grand nephew. My nephew went into the hospital because of being a diabetic, stress will make you upset so much that you can not hold anything down. Well they are under extreme stress. One of the main reasons why I haven't been posting, taking care of his kids so he can get better to deal with the dying of his estranged wife, who is only 34 years of age. Sad situation and the kids 13 and 9 are trying to
      to understand and their mother had to explain that because of her very bad lifestyle of heavy drinking and heavy use of drugs and smoking, well she is paying for it. She has liver cancer and it has spread throughout her whole body. Sorry for venting but it helps clear the brain matter to cope with it. So it is just a matter of time now and I kept the kids busy watching movies, tried to read to them, did not interest them, but just being there when they needed to vent themselves. Thank you for reading this post and thank you for your wonderful knowledge of Tolkien! Thanks for just being here. If this was wrong to post, I am truly sorry.

      Wanda the *B*Witch

      Wanda the *B*Witch and Her Merry Band of Hobbits,One Cranky Dwarf,and One Gaffer Angel :)
      WANDA f English
      Pronounced: WAWN-da
      Possibly means "a Wend", referring to the Slavic people who inhabited eastern Germany.
      WANDA (f.) - Teutonic 'wanderer'; so Rána
      Nethlhindorniel Apsenniel Elvish for Wanda Jean meanings are Slender Young Tree and Forgiving
      Ruby Smallburrows of Sandydowns (Hobbit)

    • Stanier, Alan M
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 6, 2005
        Wanda

        I don't think it was wrong to post ... and if anyone on the list says it was, my opinion of them will drop through the floor.

        Alan

[...]

        Science fiction and fantasy <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Science+fiction+and+fantasy&w1=Science+fiction+and+fantasy&w2=Author&w3=Author+web+site&w4=Book+author&c=4&s=83&.sig=OKIk0nXiX2PJzCLl7CtH1g> Author <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Author&w1=Science+fiction+and+fantasy&w2=Author&w3=Author+web+site&w4=Book+author&c=4&s=83&.sig=iIkQ1z5BEy6FjAB2S7HxoA> Author web site <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Author+web+site&w1=Science+fiction+and+fantasy&w2=Author&w3=Author+web+site&w4=Book+author&c=4&s=83&.sig=-nLaR5LFps0MOH3eHeQ_7A>

      • justkenneth
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 6, 2005
          Wanda,

          discussions and posts which veer somewhat off topic. It's perfectly
          natural for people with a common interest (e.g., Tolkien) to want to
          get to know each other a bit better and see what else they may have
          in common, hence, those who are inclined to share are welcome to do
          so.

          Kenneth

          --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, Wanda the *B*Witch