Beginning Chapter 2 The Hobbit

  • Wanda the *B*Witch
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28, 2005
      Will be reading chapter 2 tonight. Will see what I missed from other readings. Every time you read this book, there is always something you notice from one of his other books that at the time you did not know about! Now when I see "Golf" being played, will think of a certain Hobbit Bull Roarer, a goblin king and rabbit hole!

      Everybody have a fun Friday and weekend.

      Wanda the *B*Witch

      Wanda the *B*Witch and Her Merry Band of Hobbits,One Cranky Dwarf,and One Gaffer Angel :)
      WANDA f English
      Pronounced: WAWN-da
      Possibly means "a Wend", referring to the Slavic people who inhabited eastern Germany.
      WANDA (f.) - Teutonic 'wanderer'; so Rána
      Nethlhindorniel Apsenniel Elvish for Wanda Jean meanings are Slender Young Tree and Forgiving
      Ruby Smallburrows of Sandydowns (Hobbit)

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 29, 2005
        I'll be reading chapter 2 the next couple days. I'll be back to
        discuss!

        The trolls are hiding in the woods up ahead, and it's starting to
        rain.....it's going to be an interesting night along the Old East
        Road...

        Mike

        --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, Wanda the *B*Witch