A Conspiracy Unmasked.....WHAT happened to Merry and Pippin the movies??????

  • Mike Hayes
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2005
      Perhaps the most painfully absent thing in the movies is the
      character development of Merry and Pippin.

      WHO are they in the movie???? And what the hell motivates them to
      even go with Frodo in the first place? It makes no sense in the
      film. Merry and Pippin become the bumbling hobbit friends stealing
      mushrooms and suddenly the accompany Frodo to Bree?????.

      "A Conspiracy Unmasked" shows the four hobbits as true companions,
      AND more importantly it shows their love of simple life - good food,
      a hot bath after a long journey, and real love and comradery among
      friends.

      NONE OF THIS is to be found in the movie. It makes the entire start
      of the quest completely flat and really repulsive. I don't believe
      in Merry and Pippin at all, they're just stooges turned into comic
      book heroes.

      It's just horrible.

      Again, this is just another example of why these movies should not
      have been made, no matter how good the intentions of the filmmakers
      may have been. While I do believe that those who worked on this
      project did respect Tolkien's work, in the end they completely
      disrepected it by making the movie and attempting to trim down a
      story that was never intended to be trimmed in any way.
    • Ink
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2005
        Also, they trimmed down odd parts they, if they had to, should of removed
        more of the storyline and keep the rest the same, not trim all the storyline
        leaving none the same

        ink.

        On 4/30/05, Mike Hayes <MRGRANT1863@...> wrote:

        > Perhaps the most painfully absent thing in the movies is the
        > character development of Merry and Pippin.
        >
        > WHO are they in the movie???? And what the hell motivates them to
        > even go with Frodo in the first place? It makes no sense in the
        > film. Merry and Pippin become the bumbling hobbit friends stealing
        > mushrooms and suddenly the accompany Frodo to Bree?????.
        >
        > "A Conspiracy Unmasked" shows the four hobbits as true companions,
        > AND more importantly it shows their love of simple life - good food,
        > a hot bath after a long journey, and real love and comradery among
        > friends.
        >
        > NONE OF THIS is to be found in the movie. It makes the entire start
        > of the quest completely flat and really repulsive. I don't believe
        > in Merry and Pippin at all, they're just stooges turned into comic
        > book heroes.
        >
        > It's just horrible.
        >
        > Again, this is just another example of why these movies should not
        > have been made, no matter how good the intentions of the filmmakers
        > may have been. While I do believe that those who worked on this
        > project did respect Tolkien's work, in the end they completely
        > disrepected it by making the movie and attempting to trim down a
        > story that was never intended to be trimmed in any way.

        "Elen sila lumenn omentilmo"