RE: [TolkienDiscussions] Re: New photo

    Message 1 of 36 , Feb 1, 2005
      Hi Dana!

      Welcome to the group. It's very interesting that the things you loved were
      not in the book at all!

      It must have been nice to watch it fresh, not knowing what was about to
      happen!

      I found Legolas' tolerance for alcohol rather irritating - we know from The
      Hobbit that Elves get drunk and fall into a drunken stupor.

      From: Dana Johns [mailto:erunanethiel@...]
      *pokes head out of her lurk hole* Hi George:) I too had never read any
      Tolkien before FOTR, in fact had never even heard of him. I too am now a
      full blown fanatic. I have never seen the Matrix before but since I've seen
      Hugo Weaving in LOTR I'm thinking of watching these movies just to check him
      out as an actor. I remember first watching FOTR, because I had NO idea what
      was going to happen next, the movie had me absolutely RIVETED. I was
      sitting on the floor right up in front of the TV screen like a little kid,
      lol. I cried when Gandalf fell in Moria, thinking him dead, and I cried
      when Frodo left the Fellowship. I cried quite a bit throughout the movie if
      memory serves, lol. I had JUST started to read the Lord of the Rings for
      the first time when I saw The Two Towers so it was still full of surprises
      with me. I LOOOOVED the elves going to Helms Deep in the movie, that I
      think was one of my favorite parts! Return of the King I also loved, I
      loved in the extended version
      where Gimli and Legolas are playing the "Drinking Game" and Legolas isn't
      even fazed. That part had me rolling!

      Dana *goes back to lurkmode*

      ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Dana Johns -:¦:-
      -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´-:¦:- Erunanethiel@...

    • Darja
      Message 36 of 36 , Feb 10, 2005
        "Gustavo" <sr.oliva@...> wrote

        > Which Lucas are you mentioning, by the way?... the George one?

        Yep! Are there any other Lucases? :)

        *Darja*