So i was watching the movie

  • riddermarkmick
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2005
      For the commentary on DVD. I swear, when one of my favorite books is
      placed on film, i like to see what the writers were thinking.
      Somehow doing this makes me get over my booknaziness and get over the
      movies differences.

      My favorite part of the commentary was the talking about Imrhail, yes
      the recognizing of the existance of one of my favorite characters
      made me feel better, of course they said they loved the character too
      so i felt vindicated. However, the Arnold Schwartzenger as Imrahil
      joke was a little much for me.

      I still wish they mentioned the names of bit characters that have an
      identity we can guess at.

      Mickey of the Mark.
    • geltharin2003
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2005
        I have only watched with the 'cast' comentary running so far. I
        want to watch it with the writers comentary, and then the one with
        the special effects people. That ought to be cool.

        Robert/Eol

        --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "riddermarkmick"
        <riddermarkmick@y...> wrote:

        > For the commentary on DVD. I swear, when one of my favorite books
        is
        > placed on film, i like to see what the writers were thinking.
        > Somehow doing this makes me get over my booknaziness and get over
        the
        > movies differences.
        >
        > My favorite part of the commentary was the talking about Imrhail,
        yes
        > the recognizing of the existance of one of my favorite characters
        > made me feel better, of course they said they loved the character
        too
        > so i felt vindicated. However, the Arnold Schwartzenger as
        Imrahil
        > joke was a little much for me.
        >
        > I still wish they mentioned the names of bit characters that have
        an
        > identity we can guess at.
        >
        > Mickey of the Mark.
      • George
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2005
          I still haven't listened to the PJ, Fran and Phillipa commentary...
          I especially like the Design Team commentary on all three films
          myself...

          ~George