dwarf as a swear, in the movie

  • Gustavo
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2004
      In the movie (and probably in the book, I don't remember), Eomer
      calls Gimli "dwarf" in an offensive way, when they first meet.

      Of course, the dwarf doesn't care about it, or doesn't seem to, not
      at least to it, cause that's what he is, with pride!, we might
      imagine.

      It shows, together with other things (Gimli's story about men
      thinking that dwarves lived in hollows in the ground...), that men
      had a wrong thought about dwarves...

      (Probably he's willing to make people pay attention to the fact that
      dwarves do live under the ground, but not in hollows like animals,
      but in great halls of stone. Something in the same way is sayd about
      hobbits, in the beginning of The Hobbit.)