RE: Please leave a message

  • Ren Cat
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 20, 2004
      Well, I have watched it and it was very good I must say. I really liked the
      scene where Eomer finds Eowyn on the battlefield and Aragorn with her in the
      house of the healing. That was very heartwrenching

      Ren

      Message: 7
      Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 22:24:11 -0800 (PST)
      From: Servo Kamen <psycho_neko_king@...>
      Subject: Re: Please leave a message at the sound of the beep...

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 20, 2004
        I think it is courteous to include spoiler space (and warnings in the
        subject line) for those who haven't seen the EE yet.

        I assume most of us here are buying it and doing so a.s.a.p. So how long
        do we need to wait before we don't need to feel obligated to provide
        spoiler warnings?

      • George
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 20, 2004
          Spoil away... It sure won't ruin my appetite...

          ~George

          --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Rob" <rob1138@c...>

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 20, 2004
            Well, I dare say a lot of relations will be giving their loved ones a copy
            of the extended edition for Christmas, so I suggest that on January 1st we
            can stop putting SPOILER in the header

            Does that suit everyone?

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 21, 2004
              Fair enough... Amazon still hasn't shipped mine and I'm sitting by
              the front door with my Sting replica waiting for the postal worker
              or ups to show up...

              ~George

              --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Jack" <jack@t...> wrote:
              > Well, I dare say a lot of relations will be giving their loved
              ones a copy
              > of the extended edition for Christmas, so I suggest that on
              January 1st we
              > can stop putting SPOILER in the header
              >
              > Does that suit everyone?

              Members,

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 21, 2004
                I picked up my copy from Chapters on Saturday and enjoyed it immensely. no
                bookmarks but i can do without those. Will be booking a day after New Years
                to watch all three in a one day marathon.

                > Fair enough... Amazon still hasn't shipped mine and I'm sitting by
                > the front door with my Sting replica waiting for the postal worker
                > or ups to show up...
                >
                > ~George
                >

                > --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Jack" <jack@t...> wrote:
                > > Well, I dare say a lot of relations will be giving their loved
                > ones a copy
                > > of the extended edition for Christmas, so I suggest that on
                > January 1st we
                > > can stop putting SPOILER in the header
                > >
                > > Does that suit everyone?
                > >
                > > :o)
                > > Jack

              • geltharin2003
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 21, 2004
                  Oh yes! The scene where Eomer finds Eowyn is great. Especially
                  when considering what he says to her in this edition of the movie at
                  Dunharrow, about how Merry would run when he heard the screams and
                  saw the death of war and that it is man's business. To me his talk
                  shows that he really understands what the horrors of war are, even
                  when it is a war that must fight. And the scene on the feild is
                  just heartrenching. I think, though in the movie it happens after
                  the battle is over rather than during in the books, it still really
                  captures his state in the books, though in the books he uses them to
                  fuel his 'battle furry' so to speak.

                  Robert/Eol

                  --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Ren Cat" <ren@r...>
                  wrote:
                  > Well, I have watched it and it was very good I must say. I really
                  liked the
                  > scene where Eomer finds Eowyn on the battlefield and Aragorn with
                  her in the
                  > house of the healing. That was very heartwrenching
                  >
                  > Ren
                • geltharin2003
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 21, 2004
                    I think(and this is my own personal opinion only) that it should not
                    be deemed nessicary after about the first of the year at the
                    latest. Lots of people have it already, more are getting it, but
                    there are of course those who are getting it for Christmas, and
                    perhaps won't have the liberty of time to watch it until during the
                    week between Christmas and New Years. So, perhaps they are a good
                    thing until New Years for people in that situation.

                    Robert/Eol

                    wrote:
                    > I think it is courteous to include spoiler space (and warnings in
                    the
                    > subject line) for those who haven't seen the EE yet.
                    >
                    > I assume most of us here are buying it and doing so a.s.a.p. So
                    how long
                    > do we need to wait before we don't need to feel obligated to
                    provide
                    > spoiler warnings?
                    >
                    > Rob

                  • geltharin2003
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 21, 2004
                      Yes

                      --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Jack" <jack@t...> wrote:
                      > Well, I dare say a lot of relations will be giving their loved
                      ones a copy
                      > of the extended edition for Christmas, so I suggest that on
                      January 1st we
                      > can stop putting SPOILER in the header
                      >
                      > Does that suit everyone?

                    • lady_teleprille
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 21, 2004
                        I watched the movie again last night. I too thought this scene
                        heartwrenching. Everyone grieves different. I can recall a couple
                        of times in my life when I've screamed like that, when the suddeness
                        of loss of a loved one blinds you. On the main movie discs, when
                        the cast gives audio commentaries, it's either Miranda or Karl that
                        talks about how the emotion they were trying to get accross was that
                        Eomer thought he had just lost his last living relative. I'll have
                        to go home and watch again to make sure I'm quoting that right.

                        Anna

                        --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "geltharin2003"