RE: [TolkienDiscussions] Re: A ROTK:EE Review! *Spoilers*

    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 1, 2004
      Not quite. The vision was what might happen if Sauron won. As bad as
      the Scouring was, orcs never overran the Shire, as was seen in the
      vision.

      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 1, 2004
        I know what you mean. My bladder barely held out for the theatrical
        version of RoTK as it was. LOL

        Robert/Eol

        --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Jack" <jack@t...> wrote:
        > Agreed
        > My bladder can't stand a four hour movie...

      • geltharin2003
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 1, 2004
          I still wish they had filmed the Scouring, even if just for the EE
          DVD. :) I would have loved to have seen that!! To me there is
          something big missing from the whole message of the books without
          it. The way it stands in the movies its like they can just go home
          and find everything the same as it had been.

          Robert/Eol

          Robert/Eol

          --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Wilson, Bruce"
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 3, 2004
            On one level, I agree with you, but PJ felt that it would have been a bit of an anticlimax. I'm not a film-maker; I presume that PJ knows his business.

            [Wilson, Bruce]