sorry......need to rant........

  • Lisa B.
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 9, 2004
      Well the lovely combo of Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp
      doesnt seem to have done anything for me.....as i said
      in my aol profile "I hate the world and everything
      within it........Pewter Kingdom can burn to the ground
      and I shall dance upon its ruin............" I was
      fired today. Business is slow and I'm apparently the
      least valuable person there. She got it in her head
      (and there was no convincing her otherwise) that I
      didnt like working there and my life was miserable.
      And to quote Captain Jack Sparrow "Well it bloody well
      is now!". She's darn lucky they are the only pewter
      store I know within reasonable driving distance and
      I've got a collection to complete that I started
      before I worked there. I apparently also wasnt perky
      and peppy enough for her (her words). I perkied until
      I wanted to barf. More perky than anyone else I ever
      saw on the floor (register is a different story, but I
      was never on register so that dont count). I also
      apparently never restocked what I took from cases and
      the other girls had to do it. Well when there are
      people in the store I'm not supposed to leave the
      floor, but they can leave behind the register, so
      they're gonna be able to get to it a lot faster than I
      would. If they'd just let it go till I was able to
      leave the floor I would have restocked. Also,
      apparently everyone who works in her store must get
      overly excited when a baby comes in. And I'm not
      kidding......this is a point she actually brought up.
      That I dont get all giddy and excited at the babies
      like they do. She said it makes me uncomfortable that
      I never get that excited over babies like that; she
      knows I want too. Well it's a good thing she was
      there to tell me how I feel about everything. I mean,
      I didnt know I ever wanted to get overly excited by
      babies, I didnt know their excitment made me
      uncomfortable, and I thought this was the best job I'd
      ever had. Man, I dont know what I'll ever do without
      her. How will I ever manage and be able to know how
      I'm feeling ever again? Perhaps I should have made
      sure I was really upset by this. I mean, I hope all
      the crying wasnt pointless. But dont worry she made
      it all better. As I handed back my name tag she made
      sure I knew I was "...the only Lisa. There is no
      other." and that she meant it when she said I had the
      prettiest smile she'd ever seen and that I was the
      best at doing cases and knew the stock better than
      anyone else in the store. Man I feel so much
      better...wouldnt you? I was tired of people getting
      mad all the time that none of our LOTR sets (3diff
      figures, goblet/shots/ect, and plates)look like the
      movie and trying to convince them it was book way
      before it was a movie anyway. There's one good point I
      suppose. Cant seem to find any more. I'll keep
      looking. Well there's my rant. I guess I'll go now.

      Lisa

      http://shopping.yahoo.com/backtoschool
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 10, 2004
        As the old song says, "Pick youself up, dust yourself off, and start all
        over again." Illegitimis non est carborundum! Letting that b**** get
        to you grants her too much importance.

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 11, 2004
          Good grief, the woman is mad!
          You didn't want to work for a nutcase, did you? Let's hope you soon get a
          better job working for someone less crazy.

          Kate
          (Who tends to run fast in the opposite direction when someone brings a baby
          into the office).

          Website: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kate.george

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 11, 2004
            Yeah...I'll probaby just get whatever job till nurse
            extern time comes around again. Of course the lady
            who interveiwed me for that last time was a little
            insane herself. I've already located 2 new places to
            finish off my LOTR collection. Of course the closest
            one is a 4hr drive. No random "i have extra money"
            trips. But my parents have land just out side Sault
            Ste Marie in Canada and they pass both the stores on
            the way. Now to just figure a way to say good bye to
            a couple of my former co-workers and my favorite store
            without haveing to deal with psycho woman.

            Lisa

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 12, 2004
              How about inviting them to the bar across the road?

              From: Lisa B. [mailto:spanky8289@...]