Depressing Update

  • C
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2004
      Hello all,
      So sorry to still be MIA. However things here are pretty bleak. Still looking for work.
      Although hubby had 4 interviews for one company. Hopefully he gets the job so we
      can stay afloat. Meanwhile, we can't pay our bills and the medical bills for our little
      angel. Plus we are faced with losing the house. We can't see the light at the end of
      the tunnel and depression about our situation is setting in. Plus we are worried about
      our family. Our nephew goes to Iraq soon and the second hurricane is beating up our
      family in Flordia. Please pray for us all.
      Hugs,
      Christine

      P.S.
      I will check in from time to time.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2004
        1.3 million more Americans sunk below the poverty line last year and the
        ranks of the poverty stricken have been at record high increases since
        2000. Each year the number goes up! Foreclosures on homes are also on an
        all-time high in the last two years. (This is info from the Census
        Bureau, btw.)

        I'm not going to be political here, but know that you aren't alone.
        (Though I am going to encourage voting for a change, of course. But
        that's all I'll say!)

        I am in much the same boat except I am unmarried and fortunately not a
        homeowner who got stuck. Almost was, though. I was looking to buy about
        a year ago, but could not find anything I liked. Now I am glad I did
        not! I empathize with you. It will turn around, though. I have faith in
        that!

        My nephew (21) left for Iraq yesterday. He is a Marine who will be in
        Ramadi. He is also my godson! My other nephew, an air force navigator,
        is safely tucked away in Qatar, so I am not worried about him.

        May whatever angels there may be (or Maiar) watch over our nephews (and
        all of us, of course).

        Rob A.