RE: [TolkienDiscussions] Tom Bombadil

  • Lisa B.
    Message 1 of 173 , Jul 19, 2004
      I've always thought Eru to be similar to God
      (christian God...cant really speak for the gods of
      other religions)......he never physically comes to
      Earth.....ya know...he'll burn a bush and talk to you
      in a big boomy voice and such.....but he doesnt come
      and sit down next to you in physical form......he
      watches from a distance and uses his powers to do
      whatever......or i could be completely bsing this
      whole thing.....maybe God has come in physical form
      and nobody told me....but I dont think so......also
      i'm only about 30pages into the silm. so maybe Eru
      does come to ME in physical form......so
      anyways.......I havent the slightest idea who Tom is,
      but I dont think he's Eru......

      Lisa

      Message 173 of 173 , Oct 24, 2010

        No never, but worth a look