RE: [TolkienDiscussions] Tom Bombadil

    Message 1 of 173 , Jul 19, 2004
      An obvious red herring to throw you off the scent :o)

      The Valar are sitting happily in Valinor
      Eru is the missing entity

      We know that Tom Bombadil has greater powers than all known Maiar, Elves and
      Humans

      Let's argue inconclusively for a few days!

      From: Wilson, Bruce [mailto:brucewilson@...]
      We don't know. In the LETTERS, JRRT himself said that he deliberately left
      TB's nature unexplained.

      My opinion is that he was a Maia of Yavanna, and Goldberry was a Maia of
      Ulmo. Some people think that he is Eru, despite the fact that JRRT
      specifically said that he was NOT.

      Message 173 of 173 , Oct 24, 2010

        No never, but worth a look

        http://www.netpoets.com/classic/poems/013015.htm