wraiths

  • Lisa B.
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 25, 2004
      Ok......so ya know.....Mordor is destroyed and
      stuff.......Sauron is destroyed and kinda poofs off
      inot nothingness or something to that effect......what
      happens to the Nazgul? Do they just kinda poof off
      too?

      Lisa

      http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
    • Al Thompson
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 25, 2004
        The Nazgul were bound to the One Ring so thoroughly by Sauron when he
        had it forged to control the other rings that the Nazgul did "fade
        away" in the end.

        Al

        > Ok......so ya know.....Mordor is destroyed and
        > stuff.......Sauron is destroyed and kinda poofs off
        > inot nothingness or something to that effect......what
        > happens to the Nazgul? Do they just kinda poof off
        > too?
        >
        > Lisa

        =====
        "Listen with the ear of your heart."

        http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
      • Fabián Poliak
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 25, 2004
          Yes. When the Ruling Ring is destroyed, the power of
          all the lesser rings that it controlled is dissolved.
          Thus, Lothlorien and Rivendell start to fade into
          nothingness, and the Nazg�l, who were held in
          servitude by their rings and their greed,
          were...umm...poofed off, like you said.

          --- "Lisa B." <spanky8289@...> wrote:
          > Ok......so ya know.....Mordor is destroyed and
          > stuff.......Sauron is destroyed and kinda poofs off
          > inot nothingness or something to that
          > effect......what
          > happens to the Nazgul? Do they just kinda poof off
          > too?
          >

          > Lisa

          > Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free web site building tool.
          > Try it!
          > http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/

          http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
        • SHADOW Kamen
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 25, 2004
            --- "Lisa B." <spanky8289@...> wrote:
            Ok......so ya know.....Mordor is destroyed and
            stuff.......Sauron is destroyed and kinda poofs off
            inot nothingness or something to that effect......what
            happens to the Nazgul? Do they just kinda poof off
            too?

            Lisa

            I think that since the One was destroyed, the power that kept them alive failed and they all died.

            SHADOWKamen.

            Offlist e-mails should go to info_servo@... .
            My list:
            My booth:
            http://www.freevote.com/booth/Informitor
            My page:
            http://random.kakuranger.net

          • riddermarkmick
            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 26, 2004
              Sauren does not poof off. He is simply made to weak to ever take
              physical form again. Based on your response as to not knowing what
              happens to Sauron really or to the Nazgul i take it you have not read
              the book.

              The Nazgul existed for the purpose of the ring and without it they
              are dead.

              Mickey of the Mark
            • SHADOW Kamen

                Message 7 of 20 , Jan 26, 2004
                  Acutally I'm on the last chapter of ROTK. I read the
                  Hobbit and then the Fellowship a year ago and Towers a
                  couple months later. I wanted to wait for the movie
                  before reading King. I spent the rest of the time
                  reading 9 of Tolkiens shorter writings/translations
                  and 4 or 5 other books by other authors.
                  I know Sauron didn't just poof away. But the way I
                  understood by reading and from what others have said,
                  My impression was that he faded away. Kinda like a
                  theory on ghosts. They stay on for unfinished
                  buisiness and when it's been remedied they pass over.
                  I thought it was something like that. The ring held
                  him in ME. If he reclaimed the ring he could take his
                  physical form again but if it was destroyed he would
                  "pass over" to where ever it is he would go.

                  Lisa

                  --- riddermarkmick <riddermarkmick@...> wrote:
                  > Sauren does not poof off. He is simply made to weak
                  > to ever take
                  > physical form again. Based on your response as to
                  > not knowing what
                  > happens to Sauron really or to the Nazgul i take it
                  > you have not read
                  > the book.
                  >
                  > The Nazgul existed for the purpose of the ring and
                  > without it they
                  > are dead.
                  >
                  > Mickey of the Mark

                  http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
                • Fabi�n Poliak
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jan 26, 2004
                    Well, the thing is that both of you are correct. The
                    books say that he is never strong enough to regain his
                    bodily form and any power whatsoever, and that he
                    "fades away." There are no specifics, that I know of,
                    of what it means to have "faded away." Where do you go
                    away to? We are told for certain that he can never
                    come back, but maybe this just means that he is still
                    here, just without any power to do anything
                    whatsoever. Who knows. Hey, let's ask him. I'll call
                    Miss Cleo, maybe she can contact him. "Oh, you don't
                    want that ring, man. You know he only want you for
                    your money."

                    --- "Lisa B." <spanky8289@...> wrote:
                    > Acutally I'm on the last chapter of ROTK. I read
                    > the
                    > Hobbit and then the Fellowship a year ago and Towers
                    > couple months later. I wanted to wait for the movie
                    > before reading King. I spent the rest of the time
                    > reading 9 of Tolkiens shorter writings/translations
                    > and 4 or 5 other books by other authors.
                    > I know Sauron didn't just poof away. But the way I
                    > understood by reading and from what others have
                    > said,
                    > My impression was that he faded away. Kinda like a
                    > theory on ghosts. They stay on for unfinished
                    > buisiness and when it's been remedied they pass
                    > over.
                    > I thought it was something like that. The ring held
                    > him in ME. If he reclaimed the ring he could take
                    > his
                    > physical form again but if it was destroyed he would
                    > "pass over" to where ever it is he would go.
                    >
                    > Lisa
                    >
                    > --- riddermarkmick <riddermarkmick@...> wrote:
                    > > Sauren does not poof off. He is simply made to
                    > weak
                    > > to ever take
                    > > physical form again. Based on your response as to
                    > > not knowing what
                    > > happens to Sauron really or to the Nazgul i take
                    > it
                    > > you have not read
                    > > the book.
                    > >
                    > > The Nazgul existed for the purpose of the ring and
                    > > without it they
                    > > are dead.
                    > >
                    > > Mickey of the Mark

                    > Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free web site building tool.
                    > Try it!
                    > http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/

                    http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
                  • geltharin2003
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jan 26, 2004
                      Yes, they also 'poofed' so to speak.

                      Robert

                      --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Lisa B."

                      Message 10 of 20 , Jan 26, 2004
                        Ah yes, but there is one other thing to consider. Sauron was in
                        origin a Maiar, which means he wouldn't be able to die in the same
                        sence that Humans, Elves, Orcs, Dwarves, etc...would.

                        Message 11 of 20 , Jan 26, 2004
                          I forget where it is exactly, but it is said that he dwindled to a
                          spirit of malice that had no power, and could not retake form of any
                          kind, that wondered in the wilderness.

                          Robert

                          --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Fabián" Poliak

                          Message 12 of 20 , Jan 26, 2004
                            >it is said that he dwindled to a
                            >spirit of malice that had no power, and could not retake form of any
                            >kind, that wondered in the wilderness.

                            At what, I wonder? :\

                            Rob A.
                          • geltharin2003
                            Message 13 of 20 , Jan 26, 2004
                              Sorry bout that, he wandered in the wilderness, not wondered, my
                              mistake. hehe

                              Robert

                              --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Rob" <robaverbeck@c...>
                              wrote:
                              > >it is said that he dwindled to a
                              > >spirit of malice that had no power, and could not retake form of
                              any
                              > >kind, that wondered in the wilderness.
                              >
                              > At what, I wonder? :\
                              >
                              > Rob A.
                            • david kaufman
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jan 26, 2004
                                very true..Tolkien never says what it means to fade
                                away. Our imaginations are supposed to fill in the
                                blanks, I think.
                                david

                                Have a wonderful day,
                                David Kaufman
                              • david kaufman
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jan 27, 2004
                                  well, he probably was wondering what the hell went
                                  wrong, too!!
                                  david
                                  --- geltharin2003 <geltharin2003@...> wrote:
                                  > Sorry bout that, he wandered in the wilderness, not
                                  > wondered, my
                                  > mistake. hehe
                                  >
                                  > Robert
                                  >
                                  > --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Rob"
                                  > <robaverbeck@c...>
                                  > wrote:
                                  > > >it is said that he dwindled to a
                                  > > >spirit of malice that had no power, and could not
                                  > retake form of
                                  > any
                                  > > >kind, that wondered in the wilderness.
                                  > >
                                  > > At what, I wonder? :\
                                  > >
                                  > > Rob A.

                                  =====
                                  Have a wonderful day,
                                  David Kaufman
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jan 27, 2004
                                    > Sorry bout that, he wandered in the wilderness, not
                                    > wondered, my
                                    > mistake. hehe

                                    My apologies - I shouldn't have made that joke until you guys knew my
                                    sense of humor more. Typos sometimes lead to funny thoughts, sometimes,
                                    which is what this one did.

                                    And I agree - I'm sure he did wonder what happened! I would! "Everything
                                    was going so well... what the hell happened????" :)

                                    Rob A.
                                  • geltharin2003
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jan 27, 2004
                                      LOL true....."Where did I go wrong? How did that little Hobbit get
                                      all the way to Mount Doom with out me knowing it?? Those stupid
                                      Nazgul! I sent them to find one little Hobbit...but nooooooo, and
                                      look where it got me!" hehe

                                      Robert

                                      --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, david kaufman
                                      <davidjane42@y...> wrote:
                                      > well, he probably was wondering what the hell went
                                      > wrong, too!!
                                      > david
                                      > --- geltharin2003 <geltharin2003@y...> wrote:
                                      > > Sorry bout that, he wandered in the wilderness, not
                                      > > wondered, my
                                      > > mistake. hehe
                                      > >
                                      > > Robert
                                      > >
                                      > > --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Rob"
                                      > > <robaverbeck@c...>
                                      > > retake form of
                                      > > any
                                      > > >
                                      > > > At what, I wonder? :\
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Rob A.
                                      > >

                                      > =====
                                      > Have a wonderful day,
                                      > David Kaufman
                                    • david kaufman
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jan 28, 2004
                                        lmao!!!
                                        david
                                        --- geltharin2003 <geltharin2003@...> wrote:
                                        > LOL true....."Where did I go wrong? How did that
                                        > little Hobbit get
                                        > all the way to Mount Doom with out me knowing it??
                                        > Those stupid
                                        > Nazgul! I sent them to find one little Hobbit...but
                                        > nooooooo, and
                                        > look where it got me!" hehe
                                        >
                                        > Robert
                                        >
                                        > --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, david
                                        > kaufman
                                        > <davidjane42@y...> wrote:
                                        > > well, he probably was wondering what the hell went
                                        > > wrong, too!!
                                        > > david
                                        > > --- geltharin2003 <geltharin2003@y...> wrote:
                                        > > > Sorry bout that, he wandered in the wilderness,
                                        > not
                                        > > > wondered, my
                                        > > > mistake. hehe
                                        > > >
                                        > > > Robert
                                        > > >
                                        > > > --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Rob"
                                        > > > <robaverbeck@c...>
                                        > not
                                        > > > retake form of
                                        > > > any

                                        > > =====
                                        > > Have a wonderful day,
                                        > > David Kaufman

                                        =====
                                        Have a wonderful day,
                                        David Kaufman
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Feb 1, 2004
                                          Yep
                                          They hurtle down into Mount Doom as it erupts and are consumed.
                                          HTH

                                          From: Lisa B. [mailto:spanky8289@...]
                                          Ok......so ya know.....Mordor is destroyed and
                                          stuff.......Sauron is destroyed and kinda poofs off
                                          inot nothingness or something to that effect......what
                                          happens to the Nazgul? Do they just kinda poof off
                                          too?

                                          Lisa

                                          To visit your group on the web, go to:

                                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                                        • geltharin2003
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Feb 1, 2004
                                            RoTK (LoTR Book VI) chapter 3, Mount Doom. (end of chapter)

                                            "And into the heart of the storm, with a cry that pierced all other
                                            sounds, tearing the clouds asunder, the Nazgul came, shooting like
                                            flaming bolts, as caught in the fiery ruin of hill and sky the
                                            crackled, withered, and went out."

                                            Robert/Eol

                                            --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Jack" <jack@t...> wrote:
                                            > Yep
                                            > They hurtle down into Mount Doom as it erupts and are consumed.
                                            > HTH

                                            > From: Lisa B. [mailto:spanky8289@y...]
                                            > Ok......so ya know.....Mordor is destroyed and
                                            > stuff.......Sauron is destroyed and kinda poofs off
                                            > inot nothingness or something to that effect......what
                                            > happens to the Nazgul? Do they just kinda poof off
                                            > too?
                                            >

                                            > Lisa

                                            > http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
                                            >
                                            > Come and visit our Tolkien Discussions group online and take
                                            advantage
                                            > of our Messages, Chat, Files, Photos, Links, Database, Polls,
                                            Members,