Re: [TolkienDiscussions] OUTRAGE!!!

  • Bruce Alan Wilson
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2004
      According to the article in TIME, the Scouring was never filmed.
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2004
        Well, that has actually been a very badly kept secret. Apparently
        they filmed a death scene for Saruman at Isengard, since they didn't
        do, and hadn't planned on doing, the Scouring of the Shire, which is
        where he died in the books. They cut it out of the theater version
        of the movie, and it is yet another thing that is suppose to be in
        the EE DVD. (probably to be inserted right before Pippin finds the
        Palantir) I suppose I can understand why they are doing it that
        way, they want to have him die, as he is suppose to, but without the
        Scouring of the Shire they had to find a place to kill him.
        Although, personally, I think they should have filmed the Scouring.

        Robert

        --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Fabián" Poliak
        <fabian_poliak@y...> wrote:
        > I am playing LotR: RotK for Gamebody Advance, and I
        > got stuck on a level with Aragorn, and I've decided to
        > try another character's quest. So I chose Eowyn's.
        > After 10 minutes of playing, I get to a short
        > cinematic. It starts off with a picture of Aragorn,
        > his mouth open, and the bottom of it is all in black
        > with white captions that read: Saruman is dead

        AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
        AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
        AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
        AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
        AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
        AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
        AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
        AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
        AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
        AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
        AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
        AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
        AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!
        !!!!!!!!!!!!

        > How dare they! This is an outrage! These games are
        > supposed to go along with the movies, giving you
        > things the movies don't tell you, supposedly. So, if
        > this game follows the story that the producers have
        > chosen to follow, then they have decided that Saruman
        > dies in Isengard.

        AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
        AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGH!!!!

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 1, 2004
          No, they never filmed it, and from what I hear, never planned on
          filming any part of the Scouring.

          <fabian_poliak@y...> wrote:
          > Yes, but this completely kills off all hope of the
          > Scouring of the Shire in the EE. Is there any hope,
          > Gandalf? There never was any hope...only a fool's
          > hope.
          >

          > --- Vinny <frodolives17@s...> wrote:
          > > As decidedly evil as it is, it really doesn't
          > > surprise me. After all, they've already made it
          > > obvious that they don't need to illustrate just how
          > > far the evil of Sauron stretched and the Shire is
          > > absolutely just the same when the hobbits return to
          > > it as it is when they left it and it is just them
          > > who changed, so why not just kill Saruman off? I'll
          > > second your cry of distress.
          > >

          > > the geek shall inherit the earth.
          > > jAdeFI

          > http://search.yahoo.com/top2003
        • Annabell Churchman
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2004
            That is Horrible! How dare they.well it is there gane to bad tolkien isn;t still on this earth...lol..... he'd sso them!

            Anna
            (Legolas) Loom at them there frightened i can see it in there eyes.

            Fabi�n Poliak <fabian_poliak@...> wrote:
            I am playing LotR: RotK for Gamebody Advance, and I
            got stuck on a level with Aragorn, and I've decided to
            try another character's quest. So I chose Eowyn's.
            After 10 minutes of playing, I get to a short
            cinematic. It starts off with a picture of Aragorn,
            his mouth open, and the bottom of it is all in black
            with white captions that read: Saruman is dead

            AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

            How dare they! This is an outrage! These games are
            supposed to go along with the movies, giving you
            things the movies don't tell you, supposedly. So, if
            this game follows the story that the producers have
            chosen to follow, then they have decided that Saruman
            dies in Isengard.

            AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGH!!!!

            http://search.yahoo.com/top2003