Re: [TolkienDiscussions] OUTRAGE!!!

  • Fabi�n Poliak
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2004
      Yes, but this completely kills off all hope of the
      Scouring of the Shire in the EE. Is there any hope,
      Gandalf? There never was any hope...only a fool's
      hope.

      --- Vinny <frodolives17@...> wrote:
      > As decidedly evil as it is, it really doesn't
      > surprise me. After all, they've already made it
      > obvious that they don't need to illustrate just how
      > far the evil of Sauron stretched and the Shire is
      > absolutely just the same when the hobbits return to
      > it as it is when they left it and it is just them
      > who changed, so why not just kill Saruman off? I'll
      > second your cry of distress.
      >

      > the geek shall inherit the earth.
      > jAdeFI

      http://search.yahoo.com/top2003
    • Bruce Alan Wilson
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2004
        According to the article in TIME, the Scouring was never filmed.

        --- Vinny <frodolives17@...> wrote:
        > As decidedly evil as it is, it really doesn't
        > surprise me. After all, they've already made it
        > obvious that they don't need to illustrate just how
        > far the evil of Sauron stretched and the Shire is
        > absolutely just the same when the hobbits return to
        > it as it is when they left it and it is just them
        > who changed, so why not just kill Saruman off? I'll
        > second your cry of distress.

        > the geek shall inherit the earth.
        >               jAdeFI

        http://search.yahoo.com/top2003

        ---

      • geltharin2003
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 1, 2004
          Well, that has actually been a very badly kept secret. Apparently
          they filmed a death scene for Saruman at Isengard, since they didn't
          do, and hadn't planned on doing, the Scouring of the Shire, which is
          where he died in the books. They cut it out of the theater version
          of the movie, and it is yet another thing that is suppose to be in
          the EE DVD. (probably to be inserted right before Pippin finds the
          Palantir) I suppose I can understand why they are doing it that
          way, they want to have him die, as he is suppose to, but without the
          Scouring of the Shire they had to find a place to kill him.
          Although, personally, I think they should have filmed the Scouring.

          Robert

          --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Fabián" Poliak
          <fabian_poliak@y...> wrote:
          > I am playing LotR: RotK for Gamebody Advance, and I
          > got stuck on a level with Aragorn, and I've decided to
          > try another character's quest. So I chose Eowyn's.
          > After 10 minutes of playing, I get to a short
          > cinematic. It starts off with a picture of Aragorn,
          > his mouth open, and the bottom of it is all in black
          > with white captions that read: Saruman is dead

          AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
          AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
          AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
          AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
          AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
          AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
          AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
          AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
          AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
          AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
          AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
          AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
          AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!
          !!!!!!!!!!!!

          > How dare they! This is an outrage! These games are
          > supposed to go along with the movies, giving you
          > things the movies don't tell you, supposedly. So, if
          > this game follows the story that the producers have
          > chosen to follow, then they have decided that Saruman
          > dies in Isengard.

          AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
          AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGH!!!!

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 1, 2004
            No, they never filmed it, and from what I hear, never planned on
            filming any part of the Scouring.

            <fabian_poliak@y...> wrote:
            > Yes, but this completely kills off all hope of the
            > Scouring of the Shire in the EE. Is there any hope,
            > Gandalf? There never was any hope...only a fool's
            > hope.
            >

            > --- Vinny <frodolives17@s...> wrote:
            > > As decidedly evil as it is, it really doesn't
            > > surprise me. After all, they've already made it
            > > obvious that they don't need to illustrate just how
            > > far the evil of Sauron stretched and the Shire is
            > > absolutely just the same when the hobbits return to
            > > it as it is when they left it and it is just them
            > > who changed, so why not just kill Saruman off? I'll
            > > second your cry of distress.
            > >

            > > the geek shall inherit the earth.
            > > jAdeFI

            > http://search.yahoo.com/top2003
          • Annabell Churchman
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 2, 2004
              That is Horrible! How dare they.well it is there gane to bad tolkien isn;t still on this earth...lol..... he'd sso them!

              Anna
              (Legolas) Loom at them there frightened i can see it in there eyes.

              Fabi�n Poliak <fabian_poliak@...> wrote:
              I am playing LotR: RotK for Gamebody Advance, and I
              got stuck on a level with Aragorn, and I've decided to
              try another character's quest. So I chose Eowyn's.
              After 10 minutes of playing, I get to a short
              cinematic. It starts off with a picture of Aragorn,
              his mouth open, and the bottom of it is all in black
              with white captions that read: Saruman is dead

              AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

              How dare they! This is an outrage! These games are
              supposed to go along with the movies, giving you
              things the movies don't tell you, supposedly. So, if
              this game follows the story that the producers have
              chosen to follow, then they have decided that Saruman
              dies in Isengard.

              AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGH!!!!

              http://search.yahoo.com/top2003