8868RE: [TolkienDiscussions] Hobbits had no electricity - so why all the plugs?

  • david schnyer
    Sep 2, 2003
      "Let's abolish all of them!"
      ------------------
      works for me, we can start with hanging all the
      lawyers and shooting all the politicians, then we
      start with a clean slate. i always liked
      heinlein's idea in "starship troopers (the book,
      NOT the movie!) that voting and political office
      should be earned by voluntary service to society.
      though even that does not guarantee we'd get the
      "best and brightest" as witness several current
      specimens, but it might improve the odds.
      "gunner"

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic