8861Re: [TolkienDiscussions] Hobbits had no electricity - so why all the plugs?

  • Ronn! Blankenship
    Sep 1, 2003
      At 11:14 PM 8/31/03 -0700, Info Servo wrote:

      >Hobbits had no electricity - so why all the plugs?
      >
      >[snip]
      >
      >All I'm asking is that studios and advertisers think twice before linking
      >movies and products that have nothing to do with each other.

      But the movie and the commercials do have something very important to do
      with each other.

      Both are primarily about making money (to quote from the prologue to _Bored
      of the Rings_).

      (Not that that will necessarily make anyone feel any better . . . )

      -- Ronn! :)
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic