    From: "TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com" <TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com>
    To: TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com
    Sent: Monday, September 16, 2013 6:09:38 AM
    Subject: [TolkienDiscussions] Digest Number 2417

    Tolkien Discussions

    1 New Message

    Digest #2417
    1a

    Message

    Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:16 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

    kb8dns

    How about a rendition of Tolkien' s art work? there seems to be
    much of it on the NET....

    poikaa

    --- In tolkiendiscussions@ yahoogroups. com, <justkenneth@ ...>
    wrote:

    Just thought I'd double-check that my reply in this topic (below)
    was sent out. I never got a copy in my email so perhaps it
    wasn't sent due to some temporary glitch.
    So, anyone want to volunteer to come up with a new wide-format
    photo/drawing for the group's banner?
    Kenneth

    --- In TolkienDiscussions@ yahoogroups. com,
    <tolkiendiscussions@ yahoogroups. com> wrote:

    With the changes to Groups, Yahoo! applied some default photos of
    their choosing so we'll need to come up with a new banner photo
    to replace it. It's interesting to see some of the default
    photos that Yahoo! came up with. In my fantasy sports group, I
    now have a photo of someone cycling up a rocky slope. At least
    that's related to sports though I've never run anything like a
    fantasy Tour de France league. It could be worse. I heard that
    someone' s prostate cancer group now has a banner photo of smiling
    young girl.

    If someone wants to come up with a Tolkien related photo for the
    group,I' d be happy to install it. I've been reading that the
    ideal dimensions for the wide banner photo should be 1020 wide x
    296 high at 200 dpi. The height can probably be greater though
    as I expect the installation will trim what it can't accept. I
    don't know for sure though as I haven't tried to change the photo
    yet.

    I don't think the photos we currently have in the group's archive
    can be downloaded which is just one of the issues with the new
    format that Yahoo! needs to address. So if you come up with a
    group photo candidate, just email it to me. Thanks!

    Kenneth

    --- In tolkiendiscussions@ yahoogroups. com, <jack@... > wrote:

    Yahoo have been tinkering.
    The new look is called Neo - sometimes you see it, sometimes you
    don't - I expect that gradually Neo will get the bugs ironed out
    and appear all the time!Â
    On 09/09/2013 21:09, morjuc@... wrote:
    I stopped by for a visit and everything&# 39;s gone and gotten all
    fancy! New layout, purdy picture at the top!
    The Yahoo! Groups Product Blog
    GROUP FOOTER MESSAGE