18402RE: [TolkienDiscussions] Worlds greatest Elves

    Oct 1, 2007

      It’s interesting how Dobby the house elf (from JK Rowling’s Harry Potter series if anyone has missed the reference) is unlike Tolkien’s elves in just about every respect that I can think of.

      From: TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com [mailto: TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of REN
      Sent: 01 October 2007 05:07
      To: TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [TolkienDiscussions] Worlds greatest Elves

      Speaking of Dobby, I cried when he died

      Ren

      Messages In This Digest (2 Messages)

      1a.

      Worlds greatest Elves From: Peter Chapman

      1b.

      Re: Worlds greatest Elves From: Jack

      Messages

      1a.

      Worlds greatest Elves

      Posted by: "Peter Chapman" hawkworks@ntlworld. com   lordofhawks

      Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:00 pm (PST)

      Just switched on the TV to watch "Worlds greatest Elves"

      No Orlando, Hugo, Liv or Cate. And no Dobby or Kreacher either.

      Just a load of guys in glittery costumes with hair Brylcreemed back, singing Rock'n'Roll & Blues standards.

      L-o-H
      ;-)
      ;-)
      ;-)
      ;-)
      ;-)
      ;-)
      ;-)
      ;-)
      ;-)
      ;-)
      ;-)
      ;-)
      ;-)
      ;-)
      ;-)
      ;-)
      It DEFINITELY said "Elves" in my TV guide!

      1b.

      Re: Worlds greatest Elves

      Posted by: "Jack" jack@telaservices. co.uk   jackwhittaker2000

      Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:16 pm (PST)

[...]