18325Re: Why Bloom is an awful Legolas (opinion)

  • Matt
    Sep 9, 2007
      Heh heh!

      I thought that Weaving was perfectly cast as Elrond. I just find that
      every time I see him I am surprised by him being chosen for the
      character that he plays, only to be instantly won over by his
      incredibly diverse talents!

      I would not have anyone else play Elrond!

      Matt West

      --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Bellinger"
      <yesgaz@...> wrote:

      > So you're thinking it would have been an improvement if Elrond broke
      into
      > his cross-dressing alter ego and ripped off his own version of "Life
      is a
      > Cabaret my friend".....

      Adventures
      > > of
      > > Priscilla, Queen of the Desert", where he plays a cross dressing
      cabaret
      > > dancer!
      > > Imagine the leap from that to Mr. Smith to Elrond!
      > >
      > > http://www.nowtoronto.com/issues/2007-06-07/movie_videodvd.php
      > >
      > > Matt West
      > >

      > > Quoting Jack <jack@...>:
      > >
      > >> I hadn't seen The Matrix when I saw LOTR at the cinema, so I
      didn't have
      > >> that problem. I had not seen many of the actors before - except for
      > >> Gandalf
      > >> and Saruman, of course. And they have both been in LOTS of things.
      > >>

      > >> I wonder if your perception of Weaving as Elrond was coloured by
      a single
      > >> major role as Agent Smith? Going in the other direction, I
      didn't see
      > >> Elrond wearing sunglasses and a suit when I did eventually see The
      > >> Matrix.
      > >> All these people are only actors - and there is no shortage of
      actors out
      > >> there
      > >>

      > >> Regards
      > >>
      > >> Jack
      > >>

      > >> _____

      Bellinger
      > >> Sent: 02 September 2007 23:37
      > >> To: TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com
      > >> Subject: Re: [TolkienDiscussions] Re: Why Bloom is an awful Legolas
      > >> (opinion)
      > >>

      > >> Why Mr. Smith, that's interesting of you to say that. Did you say
      that
      > >> because you thought I wanted to hear you say that? Or did you say
      that
      > >> because you wanted to hear if I thought it was interesting to say
      that?
      > >> Or
      > >> is it a part of some grand scheme to overload the matrix with
      existential
      > >> thought that has no true answer and would cause the matrix to
      overload
      > >> with
      > >> traffic jam upon traffic jam? Yes indeed Mr. Smith. Very interesting.

      *shrug*>>

      > >> I also. I thought Bloom looked appropriately elvish. My only
      problem, and
      > >> this was only on first glance, was Hugo Weaving. He won me over
      swiftly
      > >> enough with his acting.
      > >>
      > >> Rob

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links