18271Re: Why Bloom ... Legolas (opinion) / Elrond, Galadriel

  • Gustavo
    Sep 2 5:05 PM
      No doubt Elrond is one of the most interesting characters. Maybe
      because his part in the story is mostly done, already.

      I mean, one things that made me be at awe when I read The
      Silmarillion was to see characters like Elrond, and Galadriel,
      people that appear in The L ot R, ages after, back there, living the
      exciting part of their lives.

      In the Third Age, it seems that, to Elrond, things, in a way, make
      no more so much difference, for he longs for his trip to the west
      more eagerly than for the wars against the maia ... And Melkor is
      defeated already.

      Galadriel seems, to me, more attached to her realm than Elrond to
      his. Do you agree?

      Thoughts.

      G.O.

      --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Rob"
      <fredwestermeyer@...> wrote:

      > <<My only problem, and
      > this was only on first glance, was Hugo Weaving. He won me over
      swiftly
      > enough with his acting.>>
      >
      > ________________________________
      >

      > Was that because you had previously seen him in The Matrix?
      >
      > ________________________________
      >
      > Yes, that's pretty much it. And because I envisioned Elrond as more
      > ephemeral and Weaving seems, physically, a lot "solid" and down to
      earth.

      > But he won me over. When reading I still see a different Elrond in
      my mind,
      > something I can't say for Aragorn or Gandalf or Eowyn, people I
      think nailed
      > their parts and just about stepped out of my imagination anyway!
      >
      > I see Bilbo as the character from the Rankin-Bass animation, btw.
      >
      > Rob

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic