18244Re: Why Bloom is an awful Legolas (opinion)

  • Gustavo
    Sep 1, 2007
      Orlando Bloom gave me an excellent "man trying to be a pirate". Will
      Turner was a great and happy part for him.

      He's nice in Elizabethtown, too. Character fits him.

      But I'm sorry: Legolas??? Please!: give me Paul Bettany!

      Latin Teacher

      --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, Kathy Main <arnor3@...>
      > I love Orlando Bloom as Legolas. I am personally a Haldir fan, but
      Orlando provided some nice eye candy too. Sorry to seem shallow, but
      I'm not just a fan because of the good looking elves. They just add
      to the already wonderrul story. hugs,Kathy
      > Peter Chapman <hawkworks@...> wrote: Attempt 2 - Computer
      crashed for no reason on attempt 1 - lucky they don't make cars!
      Also, you'd have to learn to drive again each time you had a new one!
      > In other words he's a "star" rather than a character actor. Like
      Tom Cruise except Orlando isn't an a'hole - which doesn't mean I
      don't enjoy Tom's films.
      > But as LotR has a heavy preponderance of character actors, it
      doesn't hurt to have a star in it. And, like a bottle of gin in a
      truckfull of beer, it's "something for the ladies".
      > But as to Orlando's character not fitting, well, the book
      Legolas doesn't actually have one - he's one of Tolkein's weakest
      literary creations. I think Orlando did a sterling job!
      > L-o-H
      Yahoo! TV.
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic