17978Re: [TolkienDiscussions] Of the Ruin of Beleriand and the Fall of Fingolfin

  • tea_party@ourbrisbane.com
    Jun 4, 2007
      Maeglin is bitter because of his virtual imprisonment in Gondolin; and because
      of the death of his father, Eol, and mother, Aredhel, resulting from Turgon's
      rules about no one leaving Gondolin who knows the way in; and because he is
      spurned by Idril, Turgon's daughter.

      He resents Hurin and Huor because they are allowed the freedom that he and his
      mother were denied. He will resent Huor's son Tuor even MORE in a few chatper's
      time!

      <<<<<<WARNING, THE FOLLOWING LINK CONTAINS SPOILERS>>>>>>>

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maeglin

      Matt West

      Quoting whiteladyofrohan@...: