      From: Rob
      Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2007 5:06 PM
      Subject: RE: [TolkienDiscussions] sir gawain and the green knight

      I think the 1975 edition probably was the first American edition, trying to cash in on the 60s success of LOTR. Don't know for sure, though.

      Funnily enough, my interest in medieval romances comes from my interest in Tolkien (I was a Med Lit major in college)!

      I've still yet to read Tolkien's Gawain all the way through I am ashamed to say. As stated, for a long time the only copy I had was in the original language. I just got a copy with modern engligh language a year or so ago.

      http://www.tolkienb ooks.net/ html/a-z_ book_index. htm for more information about Gawain and a whole lot else!

      Tolkien's "Finn and Hengest" is next up on my Tolkien reading list. Are you aware of that one?