      Sent: 9/1/2006 6:58:34 AM
      Subject: RE: [TolkienDiscussions] The LotR Tarot

      As JRRT was himself a devout RC, and divination is strictly forbidden by the RCC (and frowned upon by most other Christian bodies), I think he would hardly approve of his characters being associated with what he would have called (at best) 'superstitious nonsense' and (at worst) 'Satanic wickedness.'
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic