16633RE: [TolkienDiscussions] The LotR Tarot

    Sep 1, 2006
      As JRRT was himself a devout RC, and divination is strictly forbidden by the RCC (and frowned upon by most other Christian bodies), I think he would hardly approve of his characters being associated with what he would have called (at best) 'superstitious nonsense' and (at worst) 'Satanic wickedness.'
      -----Original Message-----
      From: TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com [mailto:TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Pippin
      Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 8:08 PM
      To: Tolkien Discussions
      Subject: [TolkienDiscussions] The LotR Tarot

      For collectors of all things Tolkien, did you know that The Lord of the
      Rings Tarot Deck and Card Game has been produced? Published by U.S. Games
      Systems, shared copyright (1997, so you all probably knew about this years
      ago) with Tolkien Enterprises. I found it at a local book store. Very
      interesting how Terry Donaldson assigned characters and situations to the
      various major and minor arcana.

      Pippin

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic