16045Re: Is Tolkien everyone's favourite author?

  • George
    Oct 11, 2005
      Jeez, I'm not around for a week and the board just explodes
      again...good to see.

      This is an interesting question though. To be honest, Tolkien and
      C.S. Lewis, Dickens, E.A. Poe, Tom Clancy, Michael Crichton, Ray
      Bradbury, Kurt Vonnegut would round out my favorite contemporary
      fiction writers. I really don't read much fiction though. Tolkien I
      read more than the rest because of the historical and cultural aspects
      that interest me. Most of my reading is history, philosophy and law,
      and sometimes science, though the last is becoming less and less
      prevalent.

      ~George

      --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Jack" <jack@t...> wrote:

      > Our newest member (Hi Zepsosoldy, hope I am spelling that properly!)
      tells