15995Re: [TolkienDiscussions] Is Tolkien everyone's favourite author?

  • Steve
    Oct 4, 2005
      I enjoy the works of many authors and while I enjoy Tolkien
      immensely, I sometimes enjoy:

      Algernon Blackwood, Lord Dunsany, Fritz Leiber, Manly Wade Wellman,
      William Morris, E.R. Eddison, Clark Ashton Smith, Glen Cook, Sir Edward
      Bulwer Lytton. Each of these authors excels in the field and I am sure
      there are many more that I have not yet discovered.

      Take care,
      Steve

      >Our newest member (Hi Zepsosoldy, hope I am spelling that properly!) tells
      >me that Tolkien is her favourite author, and I said of course, he's
      >everyone's favourite author. But is he?
      >
      >Who else would you recommend
      >
      >:o)
      >Jack
      >

      >Come and visit our Tolkien Discussions group online and take advantage
      >of our Messages, Chat, Files, Photos, Links, Database, Polls, Members,
      >and Calendar sections.
      >
      >Yahoo! Groups Links
      >

      >--

      Civilization degrades the many to exalt the few.
      ---Amos Bronson Alcott