15974RE: [TolkienDiscussions] Re: The Professor Speaks

    Sep 4, 2005
      Do you know where it came from? I found it in one of those Internet lists
      which didn't say in detail.

      From: George
      That's a low blow...in pompous English vernacular...
      I have seen that quote before though. Where I come from (Greater
      Providence, Rhode Island), the accent is mainly due to southern
      European immigrants twist on English. Down south (I was just in
      Savannah, GA because my girlfriend moved there to begin graduate
      school) the accent it something entirely different.

      How one speaks is something I have always found to be virtually
      irrelevant, given that grammer is correct - or at least not
      grotesquely poor.

      ~George