15973Re: The Professor Speaks

  • George
    Sep 4, 2005
      That's a low blow...in pompous English vernacular...
      I have seen that quote before though. Where I come from (Greater
      Providence, Rhode Island), the accent is mainly due to southern
      European immigrants twist on English. Down south (I was just in
      Savannah, GA because my girlfriend moved there to begin graduate
      school) the accent it something entirely different.

      How one speaks is something I have always found to be virtually
      irrelevant, given that grammer is correct - or at least not
      grotesquely poor.

      ~George