      How about Anthony Hopkins for the voice of Smaug the Golden?

      From: Christina Tellifson
      He would HAVE to be Gandalf. I still think that Ian Holmes could play
      Bilbo... they made him look quite young in LoTR when they show him finding
      the ring. I think Elijah would be an annoying choice... he can't be both
      Bilbo AND Frodo.

      LOL! Very funny.

      And yes, that guy as Beorn would be perfect... but he's already been in
      Harry Potter, so I don't know if they'd even consider him.

      Jack <jack@...> wrote:
      Ian McKellen could still be Gandalf, but the appropriate Bilbo would be
      Elijah Wood...

      Smogg? Is that Smogg the Polluted?

      From: Christina Tellifson
      Not only that, but the story is meant to be read and visualized... it will
      be awesome to see all the favorite things from the book brought to life...
      especially Smogg. Does anyone know if PJ is going to use the same actors,
      Ian Holmes and Ian Mc?

      George <greekss454@...> wrote:Well, I think the Hobbit will come out
      looking better to the book fans
      than LoTR. It's more of a self contained story, it's much simpler and
      easy to follow. It could be very, very long though.

      Either way, I can't wait...

      ~George

      --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Bellinger"
      <yesgaz@i...> wrote:
      > I'm here too but have been reading some other authors such as Anne
      > McCaffrey, Andre Norton, Robin Hobb, Guy Gavriel Kay and Mercedes
      Lackey.
      > Trying to experience some outside of JRRT.
      >
      > Still, I can't wait to start moaning over the mistreatment of The
      Hobbit by
      > PJ. I sure hope he doesn't shred too much of the opening scene when the
      > dwarves all fall into Bilbo's house. And I especially hope that he
      doesn't
      > cut out Beorn like he did Tom Bombadil claiming Beorn would just confuse
      > moviegoers who are new to The Hobbit!

      Service.

      > > ---------------------------------

      > > Come and visit our Tolkien Discussions group online and take advantage
      > > of our Messages, Chat, Files, Photos, Links, Database, Polls, Members,
      > > and Calendar sections.
      > >
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      Fantasy science fiction Science fiction books Science fiction book club
      Science fiction book publisher Science fiction magazine Science fiction
      writer

      Fantasy science fiction Science fiction books Science fiction book club
      Science fiction book publisher Science fiction magazine Science fiction
      writer

      Fantasy science fiction Science fiction books Science fiction book club Science fiction book publisher Science fiction magazine Science fiction novel