15861Re: [TolkienDiscussions] Re: Quiet in Here

  • Christina Tellifson
    Aug 7 11:43 PM
      Not only that, but the story is meant to be read and visualized... it will be awesome to see all the favorite things from the book brought to life... especially Smogg. Does anyone know if PJ is going to use the same actors, Ian Holmes and Ian Mc?

      George <greekss454@...> wrote:Well, I think the Hobbit will come out looking better to the book fans
      than LoTR. It's more of a self contained story, it's much simpler and
      easy to follow. It could be very, very long though.

      Either way, I can't wait...

      ~George

      --- In TolkienDiscussions@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Bellinger"
      <yesgaz@i...> wrote:
      > I'm here too but have been reading some other authors such as Anne
      > McCaffrey, Andre Norton, Robin Hobb, Guy Gavriel Kay and Mercedes
      Lackey.
      > Trying to experience some outside of JRRT.
      >
      > Still, I can't wait to start moaning over the mistreatment of The
      Hobbit by
      > PJ. I sure hope he doesn't shred too much of the opening scene when the
      > dwarves all fall into Bilbo's house. And I especially hope that he
      doesn't
      > cut out Beorn like he did Tom Bombadil claiming Beorn would just confuse
      > moviegoers who are new to The Hobbit!

      Service.